6. Ask your doctor about some support medications or maybe patches. This will help because it could help ease your need for the smokes.
7. Start exercising on a regular basis. This is highly important as you need something that will take away the urge to smoke. Exercise is also a great way to get rid of the toxins and such that are in your body from the smoking.
8. Practice your breathing each and every day. One of the things that smokers have a hard time doing is breathing deep. That is why you need to learn how to breath deep again. This is a great exercise in stress relief as well.
9. Start to visualize yourself without a smoke. Look to the future in your mind and see yourself without cigarettes. Create scenarios in your mind where you are praised for non-smoking and so on. This will help guide you and give you the inner support that you need.
10. If you can not stop completely at first then start to gradually cut back. This is something that a lot of people have found success with.
Simply set a number of cigarettes that you are going to smoke each day and do not change that. Buy them by the pack rather than the carton and you can even give them to a spouse or someone who will help you to limit them to a certain number.
11. Cold turkey seems to work for most people. Rather than cutting back simply put them down and do not pick them up. This is best to do when you are done with what you have in the house and so on. That way you are not tempted and you are not concerned about wasting money by throwing them away.
Most Popular Links